“Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it.”
Statement of Ethics
It is the duty of the citizen’s militia to protect and defend the unalienable Rights of all members of the community. Under no circumstances will the militia of Idaho tolerate those who advocate acts of criminal violence, terrorism or a change away from our republican form of government; nor will it support any specific political party or candidate, nor espouse any particular religious denomination or doctrine. All members must understand the duties and obligation of both citizens and government under the United States and Idaho Constitutions.
The members of the Idaho unorganized militia shall ever stand, as have our forefathers before us, first to God, from whom we acknowledge the Authority of all rights, and all the blessings of governments and to our native soil, Idaho.
We therefore pledge:
– To promote and defend the unalienable God-given rights of all citizens, regardless of race, sex or national origin, as is expressed in the Idaho Constitution and the Bill of Rights of the U.S. Constitution.
– To promote and defend the principles of just overnment bequeathed to us by our forefathers to whit, that the principle of the Tenth Amendment shall stand inviolate, as history has shown that the greatest system of checks and balances exists with the people and their States to check the powers accrued by the federal government.
– That the integrity of the courts, be they local, State or federal, shall remain uncontemptable providing that they shall respect and uphold the rights of the citizens of Idaho, including but not limited to, upholding the due process of law, and to preserve the right of trial by jury and to obtain immediate judicial review of cases wherein abuse of basic Constitutional rights are questioned.
– That all power is inherent in the people, and all free governments are founded on their authority, and instituted for their Life, Liberty, and Property; for the advancement of those ends they have at all times an unalienable and indefeasible right to alter, reform, or abolish the government in such manner as they may think proper.
– That government being instituted for the common benefit, the doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.
– That all just government is servant of the people who have instituted it, that the people of Idaho should never by force nor coercion be obliged to anything styled as “law” which has not been promulgated by their duly elected representatives, nor any as may be promulgated by them to bear conflict to the rights of the people, so that no government shall be made master of the
people of Idaho.
– To promote and propagate the militia of Idaho as a well regulated (trained and prepared) organization knowledgeable in historical precedent and current affairs, that is composed of common citizens.
– To develop a cohesive and competent command structure.
– To train our members in the many disciplines necessary to the function of the militia as a whole and to the members individually.
– To educate our members in areas of history, law and principle as compiled in the experience and records of our forefathers.
– To keep informed our members, and all citizens of events Local, State, National and global that threaten to imperil our traditional Constitutional rights, or such as may imperil the sovereignty of our Nation by the undue influence of those who have forsaken their loyalty to our Nation, and to the principles upon which it was founded.
– To repel foreign aggression and invasions, by preparing and training for defense and by our encouraging and showing reason why all citizens should stand stoutly against socialism, fascism, communism, humanism, and all forms of tyranny.
– To suppress domestic insurrections and violence by supporting and assisting the appropriate Officers of the Law in upholding and maintaining law and order in accordance with such Local, State, and Federal statutes and laws that do not present jeopardy to our God-given rights as acknowledged in the Idaho and U.S. Constitutions.