The Quarterly Refugee Resettlement meeting will be held in Boise at the Ahavath Temple. Map Below and information about the meeting is below the map.
The meeting will be held Tuesday, November 15, 2016 at 1:30 pm
Ahavath Temple Synagogue
11 N. Latah Street
Boise, ID 83706
The Bench Neighborhood
Tuesday, November 15
The information in this section was found on Office of Refugee Resettlement website. You are a stakeholder entitled to attend this meeting.
Goal of ORR Refugee Placement Activities:
ORR’s interest in coordinated placement is to facilitate and ensure refugee self sufficiency and integration by
1.) providing timely and relevant employment and health-care access data to inform the refugee placement process, and
2.) ensuring that ORR’s resources are available to meet the needs of incoming refugee populations.
Based on the National Security Council-led interagency process, the Department of Health and Human Services/Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) and Department of State/Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration (PRM) instituted quarterly placement consultation meetings with resettlement stakeholders: national resettlement agencies, state refugee coordinators, refugee health coordinators, ethnic community-based organizations and ORR technical assistance providers. ORR created a Placement Coordinator position in August 2010 to organize, coordinate and facilitate its engagement in placement related activities.
Description of Activities:
- ORR and PRM co-host quarterly placement planning meetings. These meetings are the key mechanism for sharing information with stakeholders.
- PRM provides pipeline information and overseas processing activities.
- ORR shares funding, capacity, and other domestic placement pointers affecting placement.
- ORR provides PRM with comprehensive data and information to facilitate the latter’s annual consolidated placement planning and decisions.
- ORR and PRM officers responsible for placement issues meet monthly, or more frequently as necessary.
- ORR and PRM respond to questions from stakeholders and consider recommendations.
- ORR staff attend allocation meetings at the RPC, as necessary.
- ORR participates in on-going local capacity, placement and reception discussions along with concerned entities as they arise.
Process and Mechanisms:
Meetings have virtual capability, and agenda includes common items for each meeting as well as issues to be addressed on a periodic basis.
- ORR and PRM share proposed agenda with participants to garner suggestions to adjust the agenda accordingly.
- ORR and PRM adjust the format of information sharing to the extent practical.